Crazy for comfort food? This quick dish my grandma used to make on cold winter mornings made me feel all cozy inside. The added dried chipped beef reminds people the days of "old" and is a nice change from your usual bacon or sausage.
- 1 package of dried chipped beef (you can usually find it near the bacon isle at your grocery store)
- 2 stalks scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese - plain - size curd - your preference
- 6 eggs
- ****Equipment needed:
- skillet, bowl, whisk, hungry people wanting their breakfast fast!
- Taking dried chipped beef out of its package, quickly rinse it under water. Some of them can be salty, and this takes out some of the salt that may be strong for some.
- Chop chipped beef into large pieces and add to skillet with butter along with diced scallions.
- While that's cooking, break eggs into bowl and add cottage cheese. Mix with hand mixer or whisk till well combined.
- Cook the scallions and chipped beef until edges of dried chipped beef are curling and starting to get brown.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and over low heat, cook and stir till thick and soft.
- Serve it up with toast or english muffins and enjoy!