Wanted something different for cookies today, and as we all have variations of chocolate chips cookies, here's yet a new one: the raisins and cinnamon create that cinnamon toast taste factor, the little coconut add the chew factor, while the almond flavoring is strictly for adults - and milk chocolate morsels for everyone...
- 1 - 7oz bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup or less of sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter - at room temp.
- 2 eggs - at room temp.
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure almond extract
- 1 cup toasted blanched almond (optional)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- Cream butter, then add sugar and beat till well combined.
- Add eggs and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add pure almond extract and mix once more.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ground clove and start mixer slowly at first, then at high speed to get everything mixed well.
- At slow speed, add coconut, chocolate morsels, optional almonds, and raisins.
- Put cookie batter in fridge for at least an hour to let chill.
- Place spoon fulls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in well preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes.
- Let sit on cookie rack for one minute before transferring to cookie cooling sheets. Serve up with milk and enjoy!
- Keeps super well, perfect for the freezer to take out a few when you need them.