When you want an afternoon pick-me-up, I have been treating myself to this slight take off of a NY Egg Cream - I love my coffee, and heck love the chocolate as well, why not bring them together in a frothy concoction?
- Left over coffee from the morning (I happen to make just grounded hazelnut coffee) - so choose your fave coffee - just let it get cold.
- chocolate syrup - 2 second or more lasting 'squirts'
- freshly opened seltzer
- cold skim milk
- super big glass
- tall spoon to stir
- In tall glass, add coffee, splash of milk, your squirts of chocolate and stir till well combined. Add any sugar or substitute if you like that.
- Add remaining 1/3 at least of plain seltzer and stir to help create the 'egg cream' froth.
- Add ice and drink up!
- SEE BELOW for alterations - ideas are endless - make up your own!
- (Now for a more adult and/or later in the night naughty)
- ***add vodka to the mix prior to adding the seltzer.
- ***Put in blender and create a frozen smoothie of your very own - who needs dunkin doughnuts? - Use cream for a similar version and taste to theirs.
- ***Add banana and a plain yogurt without the seltzer for a different wake up drink - and blend it up on your blender.