Quick Candied Walnuts
This alternative quick and easy candied walnut recipe is doesn't require a candy thermometer - and has less sugar and naughty ingredients than other recipes...Made this many times for topping salads and my sweet potato soup or pumpkin soups and even desserts such as ice cream and cupcakes/cakes. - Add a dash of cayenne pepper for added pop for savory dishes.
Photo shown is from my "Pineappled Chicken" Recipe that I used some of the candied walnuts and fresh scallions to top the dish with - oh so Divaliscious Delicious!
- 1 cup walnuts - unsalted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon or less of salt.
- ****Equipment needed:
- Skillet (non-stick might make it easier - though unnecessary), cookie sheet
- In skillet, add butter and let melt on medium.
- Add walnuts, and with spoon, stir so that all walnuts are coated.
- Add sugar and salt and stir once again coating each walnut with the sprinkled sugar and salt.
- Add the optional dash of cayenne pepper if you wanted an extra pop in our candied walnuts.
- Pour out onto your cookie sheet, allowing for a little space between walnuts so they don't candy up on you in a huge clump.
- Pop cookie sheet with walnuts into oven and let bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Check once again stirring and turning over walnuts, put back into oven for another 3-5 minutes. Make sure not to burn your nuts.
- Take out walnuts and let cool completely before adding to your salads and soups. Enjoy!
- Photo shown is my dish of "pineappled chicken" with candied walnuts placed on top along with scallions.
Quick Candied Walnuts @ Group Recipes