Thursday, February 21, 2008

Best Homemade Tartar Sauce

Easy to make and have on hand - try to make your own today...


  • 1 cup mayonnaise

  • 1/2 cup mustard (I like to use half grainy dijon and half deli-styled)

  • 1/2 cup "hamburger" relish (I use Heinze)

  • 1 medium bermuda/spanish onion-minced

  • Juice and zest of 2 lemons

  • salt and pepper to taste



  1. Mince bermuda or spanish onion (bermuda onions look the prettiest - they are the purple ones) and place into bowl.

  2. Add remaining ingredients.

  3. Stir till combined.

  4. Add salt and pepper accordingly.

  5. Keep in sealed container for up to one month and serve anytime with your favorite fish dishes including my recipe for "Crab Cakes a la Leah"

  6. Ok off, I am to make the crab cakes, I'm starving!


Best Homemade Tarter Sauce @ Group Recipes

No comments: