I made this after having it at a friends house this past weekend, I couldn't believe how tender the chicken was and the menagerie of herbs really made this fresh bright tasting chicken I broiled up last night. This is an easy winner and is great for all types of chicken whether you are grilling, broiling or roasting.
- The amounts are approximate, pretty much a small handful of each herb, minced. The one thing that I would highly suggest, is that you cut the herbs from your garden just before you are going to use them to make the marinade.
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- 5 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 10 large basil leaves
- 2 scallions
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil or more.
- Fresh cracked pepper
- kosher salt
- 4-6 chicken thighs with or without skins and bones
- large zip lock bag, or container large enough to allow chicken and marinade to marry in.
- Rinse chicken well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mince finely all herbs and place into bowl.
- Add good amount of freshly cracked pepper (1 tablespoon) and add 1 teaspoon or more of kosher salt to bowl.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to bowl and stir marinade.
- Pour over chicken in zip lock bag or container.
- Marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Turn bag or chicken over once and awhile so that all parts of the chicken are well coated.
- If you are roasting chicken, simply rub marinade all over chicken before placing the bird in a hot oven and roast 15 minutes per pound if not stuffed, 20 minutes if stuffed.
- If broiling or grilling, make sure grill surface or broiler is preheated, and cook at least 12 minutes on each side on medium heat.
- Serve it up with your favorite side dishes!