Quick and easy lunch or dinner idea I made for today's lunch - Used my Colorful Wonderful Cilantro Bean Dip (recipe posted) along with caramelized onions and fresh peppers made for a super tasty meal.
- 2 medium size flour tortillas per person
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup "colorful wonderful cilantro bean dip" or less per quesadilla
- 1 ounce of Monterey Jalapeño cheese shredded
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- a little pat of butter
- Sour cream for dipping
- Freshly cut chives for serving. (See Photo)
- You are going to caramelize the onions first then add cut peppers for only a short cooking time so that they stay crisp.
- You can use the same skillet to make and cook the quesadillas.
- You could also grill these or do them in the oven, or oven in your panini grill or waffle iron- which ever is easier for you.
- In skillet, add a little olive oil and add cut onions. Cook on medium heat and allow them to caramelize naturally and slowly.
- After about 5 minutes, add peppers and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove peppers and onions from skillet.
- One one side of quesadilla add half of shredded cheese, and pepper and onion mixture, then add bean dip, dash of salt and pepper and then lastly add a layer of cheese.
- Close up quesadilla with another flour tortilla. Press down
- Add a small pat of butter to hot skillet, carefully slide in quesadilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes or less until browned underneath, then flip and cook on the other side.
- Take out of skillet once done, cut up, add a dollop of sour cream if you wish and sprinkle some cut chives on top.
- Call troops to table and eat up! Enjoy!