Who knew - the wonder's of mayonnaise - full flavor and all the fat please - but do you have rings on your good furniture - we have used this trick for years - and it really works fantastic...no need to restain your antiques.
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 paper towels
- 6 hours or more needed to let stain be naturally removed... see below
- Locate ring from leaving your favorite ice tea or other cold drink that has now left a water mark on your Grandmother's passed down antique table top.
- Grab full fat mayonnaise (miracle whip ok too here folks)
- Spread 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise covering water ring.
- Gently place paper towel over water ring and slabbed on mayo- it's more to remind you that the mayonnaise is there than anything else while keeping the area moist.
- We used to leave it over night, but by 6 hours, wipe clean and voila, water ring is removed.
- Why does this work??? The fat in the mayonnaise gently gets reabsorbed into the water ring mark leaving you and your favorite antique table top looking fantastic...
- This is great in the summer when people forget to use coasters under their iced drinks...