This recipe came to me by way of a friendly food pal Tippy St. Clair and she was nice enough to allow me to share this with you. Since so many of us are doing our best in making things organic and from scratch, when your kids are asking for a fluffanutter sandwich, you can happily make up a batch of homemade fluff to your hearts content, ok to your kids' happy content!
I quote Tippy: "It is impossible to get marshmallow fluff over here. I've had this recipe for years and it goes around the world with me. I keep a copy in the back of my passport!"
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, corn syrup and salt.
- Mix with mixer on high speed for 10 minutes (or until thick).
- Add in icing sugar.
- Beat on low speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla and mix until blended.
- It's now ready to use or store.
- *To make strawberry fluff, substitute strawberry flavoring for the vanilla and add one or two drops of red food coloring.
- This recipe may be frozen for later use.
- Remove from freezer and stir until fluff is mixed.
- It can be kept in the refrigerated for up to 1 week,.
- Stir well with a spoon before serving
- **You can use this in any recipe that calls for marshmallow creme/fluff.
- 1 tablespoon Marshmallow Cream = 1 large marshmallow
- 3 oz Marshmallow Cream = 85g = 1 cup Marshmallow Cream
- 7 1/2 oz Marshmallow Cream = 200 g = 2 1/2 cups = 32 large marshmallows
- 16 oz Marshmallow Cream = 450g = 5 cups = 5 1/2 dozen large marshmallows