Want a great homemade pecan sauce you serve up on ice cream or other dessert of your choice. This is an oldie but excellent tried and true recipe we have used for years in our family. So if you love nut topping this one is for you.
This version to try is for nut lovers everywhere - beware, sauce is highly addictive, you can also substitute walnuts for the pecans in this decadent dessert sauce. Serve warm or store in sealed container in fridge for when you are ready for something extra special....
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- In sauce pan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in col water and turn on heat.
- Cook stirring constantly with whisk over low heat.
- Let it come to a boil, and let continue boiling till liquid is clear.
- Remove sauce pan from heat, add butter and pecans and chill
- Makes 1-1/2 cups of amazing pecan sauce.
- Recipe is over 60 years old and works every time!