This is a classic breakfast drink I order when I am at the diner or when I am aching for something chocolaty and it's not that bad for you either...really...and contrary to non-believers, there is NO egg in egg creams sodas...recipe is from the late 1800's so I am sure there are no mistakes in this one rofl......
- One extra large glass
- 2 ounces of chocolate syrup - I use Nestles (no fat) - or more
- 5 ounces milk (skim to whole milk ok)
- 5 ounces seltzer - freshly open is best
- 1 fork/whisk to stir
Technorati Tags: new york, egg creams, chocolate egg cream, how to make egg creams
- In one large glass, pour milk till halfway up glass.
- Add chocolate syrup to make extra chocolaty.
- With fork or whisk, stir well till combined.
- Open fresh bottle of seltzer.
- While stirring 'chocolated' milk with fork or whisk all the while, add seltzer to fill glass to 1/2 inch below rim.
- Continue to stir till combined.
- Bubbles in seltzer will continue to form (like champagne) after you have
finished stirring and will appear like the head on a properly poured
- Serve it up to one closest to you.
- Note: I have use this as a hangover cure in the past when I used to drink- it's like a yoohoo gone soda, and no I will not tell you how often I have hangovers....but I will tell you
that I usually make this at least 2x a month for the fun of it for a dessert drink when I really need chocolate but do not wish the extra pounds of say a chocolate pound cake - lol.