Friday, June 13, 2008

Warm Hot Dogs For Kids Lunch Boxes Recipe

My mom used to do this for me when I was a kid, and I would become the envy of all the other kids, since I was served a warm lunch and was eating a kid fave! - Hot dogs for lunch while others ate their boring sandwiches! Neat trick, easy to do, you are going to think, now why didn't I have a mother who did this? No more boring cheese and mayo sandwiches ever again! I couldn't stand those!

Ingredients:

  • 1 or 2 hot dogs
  • 1 or 2 hot dogs buns
  • 1 thermos tall enough for two hot dogs to go into.
  • plain white twine or string
  • boiling water
  • your kids favorite packets of ketchup, mustard, etc.

Directions:
  1. You will feel like you are very artsy and craftsy with this, but its fun to do and oh so easy!
  2. Great to do when you know its going to rain that day your kid goes to school.
  3. Tie strings with a simple bow around hot dogs and make string long enough to reach outside the thermos.
  4. Place hot dogs with strings inside thermos, with long string hanging up and out of thermos.
  5. Pour boiling water inside thermos.
  6. Close up thermos - the one I had, never leaked, so I would test try this to find the right thermos that closes even though there's a string(s) hanging outside of it.
  7. Wrap up the one or two hot dog buns as needed.
  8. We never went to fast food restaurants when I was a kid, so my mom made homemade ketchup packets out of waxed paper and staples (hilarious looking but it worked!)
  9. By the time its lunch time, the hot dogs are 'cooked' and ready to eat.
  10. When it's the kids time for lunch, they simply go to a sink, open up the thermos, pour off the water, holding on to the string so their hot dogs don't go down sink of course and then sit down and prepare themselves their hot dogs just the way they like them.
  11. Other kids will drool looking at your kid enjoying their hot meal, while looking at their own sagging and sogging white bread plain old sandwiches while you kid enjoys relishing in having a hot meal for lunch!

No comments: