Monday, March 31, 2008

New York Egg Cream Soda

This is a classic breakfast drink I order when I am at the diner or when I am aching for something chocolaty and it's not that bad for you either...really...and contrary to non-believers, there is NO egg in egg creams sodas...recipe is from the late 1800's so I am sure there are no mistakes in this one rofl......

Ingredients:
  • One extra large glass
  • 2 ounces of chocolate syrup - I use Nestles (no fat) - or more
  • 5 ounces milk (skim to whole milk ok)
  • 5 ounces seltzer - freshly open is best
  • 1 fork/whisk to stir

Directions
  1. In one large glass, pour milk till halfway up glass.
  2. Add chocolate syrup to make extra chocolaty.
  3. With fork or whisk, stir well till combined.
  4. Open fresh bottle of seltzer.
  5. While stirring 'chocolated' milk with fork or whisk all the while, add seltzer to fill glass to 1/2 inch below rim.
  6. Continue to stir till combined.
  7. Bubbles in seltzer will continue to form (like champagne) after you have
    finished stirring and will appear like the head on a properly poured
    beer.
  8. Serve it up to one closest to you.
  9. Note: I have use this as a hangover cure in the past when I used to drink- it's like a yoohoo gone soda, and no I will not tell you how often I have hangovers....but I will tell you
    that I usually make this at least 2x a month for the fun of it for a dessert drink when I really need chocolate but do not wish the extra pounds of say a chocolate pound cake - lol.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: