Now most of you know by now, that I am a from scratch homemade, 'just out of your garden' kind of cook and baker, but this recipe I tried the other day from a foodie pal I know as 'Shirley Oma' and was hooked from the start. She found it on a website and shared it with me, so I in turn am sharing it with you. I wish I could tell you where the recipe came from, but alas, we do not know.
I was surprised at not only how great this delicious dessert tastes, but how easy it was to make and is so pretty and perfect to make for those hot summer nights coming up. The fresh strawberries and lemon juice make for the perfect combination for this quick dessert. Just make sure you have at least 6 hours before you wish to serve this dessert to allow it the freeze and set up properly before serving.
- 3-4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 8 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Strawberry Whipped Sensation
- Recipe Rating:
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 6 hr 20 min
- Makes: 12 servings
- LINE 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Add condensed milk,juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- MIX chopped cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture.
- Cover with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- INVERT dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil.
- Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert.
- Slice remaining 1 cup of strawberries; arrange over dessert.
- Store leftovers in freezer